Founder, Stephen Z. Bernard
Steve has engaged in general contracting and real estate development in the Phoenix metro area for 45 years. In that time he has managed more than 300 construction projects, including residential, multi-family, retail, commercial, and industrial buildings.
In the course of the hundreds of construction projects Steve has managed, he has been responsible for all functions of contracting, from preconstruction planning to project closeout—including general office administration, marketing, and estimating. His project management responsibilities have also involved overseeing architectural and engineering consultants, and supervising subcontractors and suppliers.
Professional construction designations and licenses:
- Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) through the American Institute of Constructors
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) through the American Society of Professional Estimators
- Qualifying party for the general engineering (A, license #148487), general residential (B, license #110026), and general commercial (B-01, license #110027) Arizona contractor's licenses
- EPA Lead-safe Certified Renovator
- Certified by Maricopa County Air Quality to provide dust control services in compliance with Rule 310.
Steve is also an Arizona real estate broker and independent adjuster, with these certifications and licenses:
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB)
- Graduate Realtors Institute (GRI)
- Arizona real estate broker license #BR004217000
- Arizona independent property adjuster license #999803
He has logged more than 700 hours of additional real estate instruction and has handled the acquisition, rezoning, and subdividing of land within the cities of Phoenix, Tolleson, Gila Bend, Fountain Hills, Avondale, and Chandler.
As a Faculty Associate at Arizona State University, Steve taught construction estimating, construction methods and materials, drawing and specifications, and development feasibility. He has a bachelor's and master's degree from ASU in construction management.
EPA - Lead Free Certified Firm
Earned the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Award for Excellence in Customer Service